Memoires of an Answering Service Operator





Hola, soy Jorge. Hi, this is George. I'm not really sure who I am anymore. 

George is my stage name. On my first day of training they gave it to me because Jorge was very 'latino'. I mean, I get it. We want to give as little clues that we are a satelite office as we can. But it always hurts a little to get your roots diminished. 

Trabajo para un callcenter aquí en Mérida en el que tomamos llamadas de negocios de todo Estados Unidos, pero mayormente de South Carolina.

Hice dos semanas de entrenamiento y ayer fue mi primer dia ya trabajando solito. La experiencia es un poco bizarra, jaja. Pero eso no es lo que les quiero platicar hoy.

I have caught myself in the past thinking in english. At the moment it freaked me out, but now I've just learned to live with it. Thing is, in my first couple days of training I spoke more english that in the last 2 years together.

Now I find myself not only thinking in english, but also reacting and trying to answer to people in english and it is really annoying. 

Yo creo que antes pensaba en ingles cuando estaba sólo y nunca tenía como el peligro de contestarle al profe o algo en inglés. Y muero de vergüenza porque estoy seguro que esto va a suceder pronto. 
Este post es una llamada de auxilio. Por favor ayúdenme a 1) entender por qué diablos me pasa esto y 2) ¿qué carajos puedo hacer para evitarlo?

Related image


Comentarios